- About Us
- Protecting The Land
- Stewarding The Land
- Our Preserves
- How You Can Help
Spirit Springs Sanctuary
Acquired: 2010 through a bargain sale from Vernon and Alice Miller
Location: Marcellus Township, Cass County
Size: 123.4 acres
Accessibility: Open to the Public, parking amenities and signage will be constructed summer 2011.
Trails: easy, see map below or click here for a pdf.
Directions to Spirit Springs Sanctuary from Kalamazoo:
From Stadium Drive intersection with U.S. 131 in Kalamazoo-
• U.S. 131 Highway South approximately 17 miles to Marcellus Highway (MI-216)
• Right (West) onto Marcellus Highway, drive 4.3 miles to the intersection of Bent Road
• Left (South) onto Bent Road and drive 3.1 miles to intersection of Dutch Settlement Road
• Right (West) onto Dutch settlement Road, the property is 1.8 miles ahead on the right hand side.
Directions to Spirit Springs Sanctuary from White Pigeon:
• Take U.S. 131 North 12.35 miles north to Hoffman Road (.8 mile north of Three Rivers)
• Turn left (West) onto Hoffman Road and proceed approximately 2 miles.
• Turn right (North) to stay on Hoffman Road and proceed approximately 1 mile.
• Turn left (West) to stay on Hoffman and proceed approximately 2.75 miles to Day Road.
• Turn right (North) onto Day Road and proceed approximately 1 mile to Dutch Settlement Road.
• Turn left (West) onto Dutch Settlement Road and proceed just over a mile to the Spirit Springs Sanctuary (entrance on the right hand side).
Directions to Spirit Springs Sanctuary from South Bend:
• Take 80/90 toll road east from South Bend and proceed as follows:
• Merge onto I-80E/I-90E toward Ohio (Portions Toll). Proceed 19.4 miles to Exit 96. • Take Exit 96 toward Elkhart East/County Road 17.
• Turn right onto County Road 17 and proceed north 3.4 miles until the intersection of U.S. 12.
• Turn left onto M-40 and proceed 12.6 miles.
• Turn right onto Dutch Settlement Road and proceed 2.5 miles to Spirit Springs Sanctuary on the left hand side.