Bow in the Clouds Preserve
Saturday, April 20, 1 – 4 pm
Give back to the planet that’s given everything to us, then celebrate our hard work at Old Dog Tavern with a complimentary pint on Great Lakes Brewing Company!
Bow in the Clouds is truly “nature in the city” at its finest, and the potential to connect people with the natural world here is fantastic.
So on Earth Day this year, come get connected with this vibrant land and help others to do the same!
Supported by the generosity of Great Lakes Brewing Company, SWMLC volunteers will have an opportunity to work on a variety of tasks including tackling invasive shrubs that block the view, pulling garlic mustard, sprucing up for the Unveil the Trail event planned for May 11, repairing wetland boardwalks, and picking up trash.
Following the workday, there will be an optional post-workday celebration at Old Dog Tavern sponsored by our Earth Day partners, Great Lakes Brewing Company! Staff from the company will provide interested participants with a voucher at the workday, which will be good for a Great Lakes beer at Old Dog.
SWMLC greatly appreciates partners like Great Lakes Brewing Company that enthusiastically support conservation and organizations like ours in their distribution area. Thank you!
stuff to know
- We will begin our workday at 1 pm so please try to give yourself enough time to find a spot to park and sign in prior to the start. We will split into groups and there will be a variety of tasks for everyone to work on. After the workday, participants may optionally meet up at Old Dog Tavern for a well-earned, complimentary beer.
- Please dress for the weather in comfortable clothes that can be gotten wet and dirty. If possible, this should include boots, long pants, and work gloves. Parts of Bow in the Clouds are pretty wet so rubber boots are a great choice. boardwalk should be sure to wear rubber boots.
- Southwest Michigan Land Conservancy will provide tools, maps, water, and snacks.
- We do not have a restroom on site at Bow in the Clouds, so be sure to “Go Before You Show!”
- Kids under supervision are welcome to participate in Southwest Michigan Land Conservancy workdays. There are always age-appropriate tasks for kids to do!
- Please be sure to bring sunscreen and bug spray if needed.
- Please leave your four-legged friends at home for this event.
Bow in the Clouds Preserve
3400 block of Nazareth Rd.
Kalamazoo, MI 49048
The preserve is in Kalamazoo on Nazareth Road (about one mile west of Sprinkle Road), behind Nazareth Campus (home of the Sisters of St. Joseph, 3427 Gull Rd.). From Gull Road, turn north onto Nazareth Road. The preserve entrance is about half a mile ahead on the left side of the road. Look for our Southwest Michigan Land Conservancy sign and the old gray barn up off the road. The driveway is steep and is along a sharp curve, so be careful coming and leaving.
Free admission and open to all BUT space is limited!
Please RSVP using this form or call the Southwest Michigan Land Conservancy office at 269-324-1600 to reserve your spot.
Be sure to prove your humanity by solving the simple math equation at the end of the form. Thanks!
Attendance at Southwest Michigan Land Conservancy programs and events constitutes consent to be photographed for use in print and electronic media. Images will not be identified using full names without written approval from the individual. if you would prefer that your photo (or your children’s photo) not be used, please email or call the office at 269-324-1600 to let us know – and please also notify staff when you first arrive at the event. Thank you!